Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Rocking the Flea Market

Hey all! Welcome to Thrifty Thursday!
This past weekend, I scored some awesome deals while out and about. Check out some of my thrifty finds:

 Scored this awesome candelabra for $15. Was 50% off at Michael's! I have been eyeing this piece ever since they brought out the Halloween decor items back in July, but wasn't willing to drop $30 on it. So I was sooo excited when it went on sale! Woo!

 I picked this awesome "manly barrel" for my hubs at the Golden Nugget Antique Market in Lambertville, NJ. I scored this bad boy for $5. Yes you read that right- $5! You can either wall mount it, or close it up and take it on the go. My hubs loved it. I think the vendor just didn't want to lug it home (it is pretty heavy. lol)

 Also while at the Golden Nugget, I came across these 4 black kitchen canisters (they are ceramic). I have been searching endlessly for jars like this, but I kept coming up short- or ones in colors that didn't match my kitchen at all. So when I saw these at one of the first vendors I walked by, I fell in love. The lady sold all 4 of them to me for $7. Heck yeah!

 While at the Goodwill with my mom a few weeks ago, I came across this cool painting someone had done (it is a one-of-a-kind I am pretty sure). I was torn whether or not to buy it, as it was $10, and I wanted to stick to my budget of cash I had. My mom bought it for us for our wedding anniversary, as I'm sure she could tell I really liked it and was sure the hubs would too. I decided it would look great in our black and green kitchen, so I added it to our little kitchen nook (below).


 I scored this little bucket for 50 cents at the Goodwill. I hope to either use it to give the trick-or-treaters candy, or put a mum plant in it. Haven't decided yet. haha

 Remember these benches? Well- leaving them out all summer, we came to the conclusion that the neighborhood cats and other animals like to sit on them/tear up the seats. ;( So the cute stripes got torn up. We had friends coming over, so I really wanted to use them, so I came across these table cloths at the dollar store. $1 each. So for $6, I had a cheap and simple fix to the previous covers. Surprisingly enough, they are holding together better than the previous covers (maybe they don't smell as nice to the neighborhood cats. lol) They don't look as pretty as before (and I forgot to photograph them with their pretty outdoor pillows. doh!) but they get the job done.


Lastly, I've been slowly trying to fix up our master bathroom decor. Right now, my printer is out of color ink, so I decided to just print these free bathroom printables in grayscale (which goes with the yellow, gray/silver, and white color scheme). I used dollar store frames, so cost $3 for this cute setup.

So have you scored any great deals on things recently? I'd love to know what things you've scored or thrifted.


Have a great Thursday everyone!
-M

2 comments:

  1. Dying over that candelabra! I love getting a great deal like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I was doing a happy dance when I saw it on sale and again when the cashier confirmed the sale price. ;)

      Delete

Leave me some comment love all!