Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pac-Man banner garland for Awesome 80s Prom party

One of my favorite projects for our 80s Prom party was the Pac-Man banner I made. It was SUPER easy to make and so cute!



 All you need:
  • Yellow and black paper
  • 2 sized circle punches
  • circle cutter for large circles
  • white pom-poms
  • thicker thread
  • needle
  • pink ribbon
  • black marker
  • tape (to attach it to the table- if you are hanging it, no need!)

It's pretty simple. Just punch out different sized yellow and black circles. Then string the circles and pom-poms on the thread with the needle, alternating style of circles/pom-poms. Cut the large yellow circles (or pac-mans) out with a circle cutter or by hand. Cut out a piece for the month (like a pie slice piece), draw a dot for the eye. For Mrs. Pac-Man, attach a pink ribbon bow to her hair. I just double-sided taped the big pac-mans to the banner on the ends, to ancor the banner/garland to the bar/buffet.



Super simple, and super cute! Perfect for the 80s kid or 80s party that you might want to host. ;)
Enjoy!
-M

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! It brings back a lot of 80's memories! I would love if you would come share this, or another project at my link party today! http://domesticsuperhero.com/2013/03/14/sharing-with-domestic-superhero-thursday-link-party-2/ Hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great--I love it!!!! I even hear the sound effects when I look at that... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Pac-Man banner! Classic 80's decor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable - love this Pac man banner!! Thanks for sharing it at Project Inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!