Friday, April 20, 2012

Antique and Boutique finds

So this past weekend I went to a crop with my mother (now traditionally every year) hosted by Scraptacular for Autism (I'll post the layouts i created later). We had a blast wandering through various antique stores and boutiques on our way out to the crop. My mom bought me this adorable necklace (below) at a cute boutique called Hearts Desire in Skippack, PA.



We followed it up with eating at a cute diner next door, Mal's American Diner.

Later in the day trip, we picked up some shoes and purses and a little something for my friend's bridal shower at a cute boutique/consignment shop closer to the crop (who turned out being a sponsor of one of the basket raffle prizes!). We totally found the place by chance, and I was super happy to find it. I scored a used Vera Wang purse (which was half off the already on sale price), 2 pairs of shoes- black velvet flats and maryjane style platforms, as well as a little something for my friend's bridal shower.


We then got to the crop- but realized we were too early for check in and had 40 minutes to kill. So we drop down the street and found this great antique store, The Mill Property Antiques. It was so misleading, I thought it was a cute little store, with different vendors that have their own booths. When I thought I was done, the owner pointed out to me there was another 50 vendors downstairs! The place turned out to be so huge, I almost got lost in it! So many great things at every corner! I picked up a few things for my friend's bridal shower (one big item that was only $7.50 and a few smaller items for a few bucks each), an old bridal veil (to add to my hat collection) and a few old books to add to my antique book collection. It was a great score!

Earlier in the week, we headed to my local 2nd Avenue thrift shop. While wandering around looking for some clothes (as I've lost weight, nothing fits me anymore). I found a cute pair of jeans, but that wasn't the best of my finds. As I was heading to the front of the store to get a cart, because we ended up having way more than we thought in our arms, they brought out this gem of a piece of furniture. $30- that's it! It was mine instantly.



I also picked up a cute old lined picnic basket, a few items for my friend's bridal shower (boy can I NOT wait to show you all the cool stuff I got for this shower), a simple heart necklace, a tiny apothocary-style jar, and a few other odds and ends (a belt, etc.).


The day after we got back from the crop (Monday) we headed up to Allentown for my mom's dentist appointment. While I waited for her, I talked to the receptionist/dental hygienist Alex, and after we chatted about our weekends I mentioned our antiquing finds. She then told me about this big 2 day sale that the Jewish center a few blocks away were having Sunday and Monday (that day). After my mom got done at the dentist, I begged her to go with me to the sale. It was amazing, to say the least. Because it was nearing the final few hours of the sale, they made everything 1/2 off. I scored 1 old fur hat, 2 velvet fedoras, 1 blue egg holder, 1 pair of adorable pink and green go louses (to use to dress up my front porch with a plant in them), 3 pants, 5 tops and a few other odds and ends we stuffed into a bag/box and got the entire lot between my mom and I for $35 total. Major score!




So, overall, this past weekend has been an amazing adventure in antiques and boutiques! I finished my bar cart too and made t-shirt grocery bags (I'll show pics of those later too).
We also made stops at New York & Company (I scored a cute red peacoat, a pair of jeans and a top- using a gift card I got for my birthday), Maurice's (I scored a sundress- in the color of the year orange, a sparkly pink tank, a teal ruffled top and a pair of earrings and necklace), 5 below (a few items for my weight loss Secret Sister, purple go louses in my size, and a pair of York peppermint pattie headphones), among other places we got great deals at. We also had this amazingly huge lunch/dinner at a diner in Blue Bell, where we watched the Phillies and the Flyers games (such a great fighting game between the Flyers and the Penguins!).




All-in-all, it was a super haul for how much we paid, and so much fun as well. Once we get our future house, I am sure I'll be scouring the thrift stores and such for more furniture, but for now, I'm set for a while. haha
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love all!