Monday, October 12, 2009

Sending Smiles

Ok, so this is a multi-item post. It's been a busy weekend/week here at the house of Mo, and it only is going to get worse I assume. Somehow I managed to get some things done around the house like dishes, laundry, cleaning up, organizing the bathroom cubbies. (don't ask me how).
Today I'm sharing a few things with ya'll out there in the blogging world.
First I have a card I made for no reason in particular, only that I realllllyyyyy wanted to use these K&Co. flower stickers/popups. They are soooo cute, don't you think? So this card is all about the sparkle and bling.

(Sending you Smiles full of bling!)

(I can't get enough of the faux stitching, a la KWerner.)

(I love these popup stickers!)

Next, I was asked at the last minute (the night before) to make a card for one of my husband's co-worker's birthdays. My hubby just started his new job about 2 weeks ago, and already he needs birthday cards...hehe. So this I whipped up quickly, for all he knew was that "It's for a guy who likes monkeys." haha, so this is the closest I could do. My problem is I don't have a lot of monkey stamps, and this I already had a stamped image given to me of it, so I thought I'd use it. When asking the Hubby if a grilling monkey was better than a monkey hanging from a tree with flowers in his hands, he replyed "I like the grilling monkey better. Besides, its for a guy. We all like to grill, it's part of our nature." lol . It's not my best card in the world, but I had to think quick on it.

(I hate making cards for guys. They are so tough!)

Another thing I want to share is this fantastic find I found at Michael's. Now right now I don't have a lot of funds for crafting supplies and I limited myself to under $15 allowed to spend. I realllllyyy needed adhesive and had a 40% off coupon, so I made the treck up to Michael's and tried my HARDEST to not buy anything but adhesive and maybe one other item. Now I found this deal of a set hidden away in the back corner. It was 75% off and was originally $40+ for it. I totally think I got way more stuff than what I paid! All of the below was in the package I got on sale for $9.95 in the end. All by K&Company, and lots of cool blingness. :) I was able to get my adhesive and this packaged set for under my $15 budget. Awesomeness!

(What a deal! I'm so happy I found it)

Ok bloggers, I'm off to catch a few hours of sleep before I have to take the hubby to work, then catch more Zzzs when I get back, then pick him up from work, then head to work for the night shift. Gosh I hate having the opposite schedule from the hubbs and only one car in working condition. Ugh.
Night all or Morning to most of you. :)
Laters.
-M

1 comment:

  1. Cool deal and I love the monkey card - I know guys are tough!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!