Thursday, July 30, 2009

Victorian Week continues...

While many fellow cardmakers and bloggers are off to the summer CHA, I am soaking up the sweltering heat in Pennsylvania. This coming Friday and Saturday are my last shows for "Hello, Dolly!" so even though I am sad to be finishing the show, it will be nice to have free time again. Yay! Like I mentioned in my previous post, you will be seeing "Victorian-type themed" cards that I am making for the 'special people' that helped with the show for the cast to give (aka. the Director, assistant director, music director, choreographer, etc.)
These three cards are going to the set construction designer, stage manager, and the props mistress. Tomorrow I'll post the cards that are going to the director, assistant director, and music director (aka. the "men" cards...since most of the other cards are for ladies). Busy busy busy.
Anyways, without further ado- some more cards.

(so this is one of my fav color combos. The bright colors I think are a big contrast to the lacy/victorian look. I know I've used the corset stamp before, and I must admit it is one of my favorite stamps. So classic!)

(More and more buttons! I couldn't get enough of them today!)

( I went a little button crazy I think on this one. I also was having MAJOR issues getting my layout to work, but I think it works ok now.)

(I had to make a card SOMEWHERE that had a big letter sticker/chipboard type thing!)

(this lady stamp is SO "Hello, Dolly!" however the rubber is chipped by her arm and bottom of dress, so I added the big flower accent to cover it up.)

(This actually took a lot longer than I expected. A similar layout I found on someone's blog a while ago, however it was reversed and a circle instead of an oval, and didn't have a butterfly, flowers, and all that jazz. Sometimes you just need to get a sketch inspiration in order to create. )

(as you can see up close here, I hand stitched the oval. I dabbed blue ink on the edges to give it some pop of color, but it needed something to break the two colors apart, so I added stitching!)

I quickly realized I don't have very many "thanks" stamps. Luckily I got a few from my mom when she visited last weekend and gave me a whole big back of goodies that she had for me after cleaning out HER craft room. She's been crafting FAR longer than me, so she has collected a lot of stuff over the years. Also, she doesn't love the same supplies as I do, such as buttons, chipboard letters, and lace. :)
Anyways, Have a great Thursday everyone. I am heading to bed soon (it is 4:30am here) so I can get up later for the night shift I have for Thursday. yeehaa! lol
Night night, or good morning to some of you!
-M

1 comment:

  1. I beg to differ, I do like buttons and occassionally lace, but not into the chipboard letters. I am sure they will like the cards!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!