Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Trying to change things up a bit

Another quick post.
I've been playing around with some html on my blog. I found this nice site that helps you if you want to take a blogger template and change/tweek certain things. (You will now see I changed the background image to my blog.) I'm in the process of tweeking things with it. I want to make custom headers for the sidebar sections too someday. Right now, I am content with what I have, though come certain holidays, if I feel real ambicious, I might change the blog to be festive. (can't count on anything for certain, you never know when I feel like being lazy.) I'm not 100% sure if I like the current background, but I thought it matched the "old paper" look I have going.

"The surprise news" is building over here. Can't wait to tell you all about it. No, I am not pregnant. No I am not moving to a distant land. I'll give you a hint, it has to do with the internet and paper crafts. That's all the clues I'll give you, since I promised I would be secret.

Anyways, tonight I thought I would play around with some html, since I need to brush up on it. With the way the economy is right now, everyday I am afraid that I'm going to be kicked to the curb because of our company's financal situation (or my hubby's company too). All I know is I need to be prepared for the worst. If I keep with my web experience, I just might stay alive in this job market. *sigh* I am praying that things turn around these days and that the newspapers here don't die away. "Oh crystal ball, magic ball, in the future will there be such a thing as a newspaper at all?"

Chin up and smile on, we will all get through. If anyone has ideas on good html/web design stuff (I currently know photoshop, illustrator, inDesign, Quark, a little bit of Flash and a hint of html) to get me going. My goal is to create a new website for my parent's business (I think their current website is...well...terrible.), but right now I don't even know where to begin when it comes to the code. I can crank out a great layout in Photoshop, but then I get stuck after that since I don't have any programs like Dreamweaver. Let me know if any of you know of good tutorials, books, etc. or even have ideas that I can try out to demo. :)

I know this really doesn't have a whole lot to do with papercrafts or crafts in general, but blogging buddies sometimes know certain ins and outs in the internet world.

Night all to you and dream of good days.(Or morning...it is 3am-ish here)
-M

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ moving to a distant land. I do like the dark brown paper brown action....

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!