Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's, a new start

So this New Year's day what did I do?
Well we had a New Year's party last night. We are going to have soooooo much food to go through for the next month, due to people bring way more than we expected and my husband being grocery and baking crazy. I'm half tempted to hold another party to go through the food and drinks! Anyways, today I spent more times of it sleeping I think than anything else. 

I did however do some things this New Years. I want to start a new year on a good one after all. 
I came across this great program (that I am sooooo saving up for) called SiteGrinder. It helps you take your designs in Photoshop and converts them easily into a website. This is something I've always been looking for. I work primarily in Photoshop and Illustrator, and I'm not extremely good at html stuff, so finding a program that I can create it all in my favorite programs is awesome! It also has some great plug-ins for Flash and Dreamweaver if you do want to add some html stuff. I know all you web-gurus are rolling your eyes at me and groaning because it probably creates "bad html code" or "messy code" but quite frankly, right now clean code is not what I'm worried about. I'd like to just have something that looks nice to start with, then I'll go back and cleaning things up once I know what I'm doing.

I also decided to make my first digital scrapbook page (not counting my blog banner as a digital scrapbook page). I know the photo choice isn't as whoopie as so other photos I have, but I really wanted to make a digital scrapbook page that was technically Christmas theme but wasn't red and green. My kitty cat C.J. always sleeps on our couch arm with his head propped on the table. This photo was on Christmas eve, he was so sleepy after we opened our presents. Anyways, this is all done with freebie digital scrapbook stuff. For my first try it isn't bad. I have a lot to go, but its a start to the new year!

I'll post a scrapbook layout (2 page) that I created with parts from our wedding cards (I had so many of them!) and a photo from our wedding, however my camera's batteries are dead and I can't find anymore, so when I get new batteries I'll photograph it for ya! 

So my 9 New Year's resolutions of 2009 are as follows:
1) Keep my scrap room/spare bedroom organized and clean.
2) Go to the gym more than 1 day a week (goal is 3 times a week, not counting my dance class on Tuesdays).
3) Completely pay off our credit card (we only have one, but we are determined to have no debt at all).
4) Save up a decent amount of money for our future home.
5) Start eatting better. I've already cut out caffinated beverages (I've found it to be the major culprit behind my heartburn. I'm only 22 years old. I don't need heartburn ruining my life!)
6) Stop splurge shopping. I do it with scrapping supplies more than I should. I need to go in with a little bit of cash and don't dare use my card. That way I only use the cash I allocated and not spending more than I should on things that I might not use right away.
7) Cut back on my video game time. I've already temporarily stopped World of Warcraft. I am going to try to go a month without it, I might not make it, but I can try. I need to do more things with my time than plastered in front of the computer or tv.
8) Spend some quality time with my hubby. We are newlyweds after all! I want to spend more time doing stuff with him. We had spent 2 years of our time together almost 6 hrs away from each other and only got to see each other every 3 to 5 months. We did the long distance thing then, but now that we have lived together for more than a year and a 1/2, I want to enjoy the time together more.
9) Lastly, try to spend more time on looking better. Get back into my skincare routine and maybe actually put makeup on for work (gasp) I do sell MaryKay after all!

I hope I can at least stick to most of my top 9 resolutions of 2009. These goals hopefully will help me to make the best of life even in this crappy economic situation. Anyways, Happy New Years!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on #1!! I don't think I'll ever have a room that looks like the ones in the magazines!

    I really like the digital layout. I have been wanting to try that for awhile, what site did you use? It looks nice, did they have a lot of embellies to choose from? I always thought that the digital scrapping was expensive (ok, as if the regular scrappin' isn't, lol!).

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!