Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Treats

So I got this recipe from the Thinking Inking blog of DebbieDesigns.
She made these cute Pumpkin shaped Rice Krispie Treats, so I thought I'd try them.
They probably don't look as cute as the ones she made since I'm not as crafty in the kitchen. Anyways, making them from friends at work, since I thought I'd bring something in for the NewsRoom table for once.
I'll decorate the bags maybe if I get a change. If not, they still are cute.
Anyways, this is how they turned out.






1) Basically start with 10 oz bag of marshmallow and mix 4 tablespoons of margarine with it in a glass bowl that is sprayed with cooking spray.
2) Microwave the mixture on high for about 1 1/2 minutes
3) The stir/add about 15 drops of yellow food coloring and 8 drops of red food coloring.
4) Microwave for another minute.
5) stir in 6 cups of Rice Krispies.
6) once you can pick up the mixture shape into 2" balls, indenting the top for the stem hole.
7) for the stems and leaves/curls use green fruit roll-ups. Roll about 1/4 portion of the roll tightly to make the stems. Then take a thin slice and make the curly leaves just curling around your finger to make it curly. Add the stems and leaves where the indent on the pumpkin balls are.
8) Since I hated waiting and wasn't sure exactly when to make the pumpkin balls they started out a little blah looking, but after I was all done with the stems and leaves they firmed up a bit more, so I re-shaped them a bit, which in turn helped the stems stay inside the indent better.

Basically I had to re-shape them more than I wanted, but that is because I hate waiting for things to "dry" or "firm", so I re-shaped them after already "making" them.

It was fun, a little messy, but fun. I hope the crew likes them tomorrow at work. :)
Night.
-M

1 comment:

  1. i dont love rice crispy treats... but these are soooo freakin cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!